Cage Standup basic movements for MMA
Cage Stand up basics for MMA
by Alan Belcher
In this video I show you our basic movement for “standing in base” using the cage. I break down the movement and demonstrate without a partner.
Heres a few notes to help you with the important points.
1. One movement, shrimp, back flat against the cage, head straight up, legs loaded
2. Keep preasure on the head, keep your elbow in to avoid any further problems
3. Hand on the floor, raise hips, knee against cage
4. Keep your body against cage, drive into cage as you stand. Notice how I slightly turn, as opposed to both shoulders flat against cage
5. Once you stand, immediately turn toward the head and split your legs as much as possible to avoid a hand locked double-leg
I hope you enjoyed this video. Please share, comment, or ask questions.
Alan B. and the pmmat team
Cage Standup basic movements for MMA, mma movements, mma stand up, how to stand up in mma, how to get up in an mma fight, basic mma techniques